Hi, welcome to The Nourished RD and thank you for visiting! My name is Sarika Shah; I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD/RDN). I practiced as a Registered Dietitian in the Sub-Acute and Long-Term setting for almost 15 years. I have also taught Nutrition courses at San Jose State University and Diablo Valley Community College. I am now providing nutrition counseling to adults and children of all ages in a private practice setting.
My approach to nutrition is simple- nourish YOU. No diets, no fads, no short cuts, no gimmicks --just simple, evidence based nutrition tailored just for you.
- RD/RDN: Board Certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Master of Science (MS) degree in Nutritional Science from San Jose State University
- Accredited Dietetic Internship Completed at San Mateo County General Hospital
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Nutritional Science from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diablo Valley Dietetic Association
Why Invest in a RD/RDN?
- 4 years on Undergraduate and/or 2-3 years of Graduate studies
- 1200 hours of Supervised Practiced
- Published, Peer-Reviewed Research
- 75 hours of Continuing Education Units every 5 years
- Passing National Exam from the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Anyone can be a Nutritionist, but it takes qualifications to become an RD/RDN. Being a nutritionist has no specific undergraduate or graduate studies, and no required continuing education. If seeking nutritional advice, please, ask what qualification the person has and ask questions.