I was inspired by a client of mine to create these easy, simple vegan breakfast bars. She's a mom and was looking for a quick breakfast and an after school snack but to avoid processed and convenience food items. The recipe checks the box for: complex carbohydrates, fat, protein, fruit and fiber. I promise these will be a hit with you and the kiddos! My kids love it with a dollop of greek style vanilla flavored yogurt.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add old fashioned oats and mix well.
- Then add quinoa and mix. Add almonds and chocolate chips and mix.
- Add chia seeds, flaxseed and cinnamon to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8"x8" square glass pan. Pat down mixture and tightly.
- Place in heated oven for 25 minutes. And enjoy!
Suggestion: After removing from the oven, let it stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut into squares or rectangles and let them cool completely. Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator. I suggest zapping them in the microwave for 15 seconds on high before eating. Enjoy and nourish your belly!